59 MBA students from Faculty of Management Studies of Rajarata University, Sri Lanka, accompanied by Dr. KGA Udaya Kumara Director, MBA, Mr. Pushpakumara, Coordinator, MBA and Mrs. Chandani Gamage, Senior Lecturer, visited Lincoln University College on 19th April 2016. The compulsory overseas industrial training program is organized by the Faculty as an integral part of its Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree Program with a view to share the Malaysian experience on new development in university education and industry innovation and new practices.
The objective of their visit was to
· facilitate communication, liaison and collaboration between the universities and their Postgraduate programs
· To create a forum of understanding of the programs offered by host universities and RUSL
· To provide the students with a right blend of theoretical learning and an opportunities to witness how those concepts are utilized in the practical environment and to make the students relate to the value-chain as followed by firms in the industry through the industrial visit
· To add more value to the MBA program of RUSL
· To get a foreign exposure
· To have discussions to make arrangement for signing MoUs with regional universities
An introductory session was organized at LUC Kelana Jaya learning site from 10.00 am -1.00pm and was addressed by Dr. Abhijit Ghosh, Dean, Faculty of Business, and Accountancy. Followed by the photo session the Guests were taken for the campus tour (Kelana Jaya & Mayang Campus). It is believed that this visit would strengthen the institutional relationships in sharing knowledge and experiences.