The workshop has been conducted by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Subashini Suyambukesan, MDS, FICD, FADI., Oral Radiology Program course coordinator, Lincoln University College and Director for Malaysia in Asian Academy of Oral and Maxillo Facial Radiology (AAOMFR) and Dr. Narendra Prakash Rai, MDS, Primary Care Unit coordinator. It was supported by Mr. Nazaruddin Bin Ramli, Radiographer, Faculty of Dentistry, Lincoln University College, Malaysia. The workshop was inaugurated by Prof. Dr. Rahimah Abdul Kadir, DDS, MSD, MPH, DrPH, Dean, Faculty of Dentistry, Lincoln University College. The participants were taught about basic Panoramic Radiography, normal anatomic landmarks, interpretation of pathologies and hands on digital analysis of Panoramic Radiographs.
The highlights of the workshop were as follows:
- The course covered theory and practical hands-on activities
- Training was done by highly skilled dental radiologists.
- Practice was given to the delegates to acquire good quality PR under the guidance of radiographer.
- Certificate of participation for the workshop was given.
- Delegates were awarded 10 CPD points.
At the end of the workshop participants are able to:
- Comprehend the advantages and disadvantages of panoramic radiography when compared to intraoral radiography.
- Know the principles of panoramic radiography.
- Differentiate between normal landmarks and abnormal pathology.
- Identify the common faults observed on panoramic films and explain how to correct those errors.
- Pinpoint commonly missed conditions that may cause an adverse effect on treatment planning.
- Interpret the pathologies observed on a Panoramic Radiograph.